- Those in charge of the child/children are solely responsible for the control, care and safety of their child/children at all times whilst at Drake’s Den. Drake’s Den do not accept responsibility
- Those in charge of the child/children are under no circumstances allowed to leave the building without taking the child/children within their care with them.
- Drake’s Den reserves the right to request anyone, child or adult, to leave if their behaviour is likely to threaten the safety or enjoyment of others.
- Play Sessions and Party Deposits are non refundable if you change your mind and cancel. If party numbers are reduced and the balance has already been paid, no refund will be issued. Please confirm numbers 10 days in advance of your party.
- All notices regarding the safe use of the equipment must be observed at all times. Refusal to observe these notices will result in the child or adult being asked to leave
- In the event of any accident or injury please notify a member of the team to assist you with the first aid of the child. Members of staff will not administer first aid as it is the carer’s responsibility to look after the children
- Children’s dress code:
Socks must be worn at all times.
Shoes must not be worn on any of the equipment.
- We recommend that children wear clothing which covers their arms and legs whilst playing. Jewellery, and any loose objects in pockets should be removed prior to play.
- Our toddler areas are specifically designed for younger children and are subject to appropriate height and/or age restrictions. Children who do not meet the criteria for entry should refrain from using these areas.
- Food and drink must not be taken into the toddler area or on to any of the play equipment.
- Drake’s Den premises are alcohol free. Any customer found to be consuming or under the influence of alcohol will be asked to leave.
- Matches, lighters and electronic devices (Vaps) must be kept secure at all times and not to be left in sight or taken into any of the play areas.
- We are strictly a no smoking venue. This includes not permitting the use of electronic devices on our premises.
- Drake’s Den takes no responsibility for property lost or left behind on the premises. Found items will be donated to charity if not collected within 14 days.
- Closed Circuit Cameras are for the sole use of the Company only as part of the security procedures of the building to monitor exit, entrance and payment points.
- Due to the current climate our sessions can sometimes be quieter than normal, we reserve the right to cancel and change sessions with less than 20 customers booked.
- During spells of extreme weather, Drakes Den may on occasion close earlier than normal operating hours.
To avoid disappointment please call your local centre prior to travelling on particularly warm/snowy days. Please see our facebook and google pages for updates on opening hours.
Entry is based upon customer acceptance and adherence of the above stated rules.
Our team are here to help – please ask if you need assistance.
Things that you might want to know
- How do I know my child is safe at Drake’s Den? We have been inspected and approved by The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (ROSPA), and an independent disabilities consultant. We also perform daily equipment checks and regular scheduled maintenance on all of our equipment.
- COVID and deep cleaning? All areas throughout Drake’s Den are deep cleaned before opening, various times throughout the 1hr and 30mins play sessions with regular touch point cleaning. After each play session the play equipment is fogged and all areas cleaned. The equipment is then deep cleaned at the end of every day.
- Will I be able to get a refund if I book and pay online and unable to attend? Bookings are non-refundable. All sessions are to be booked and paid for in advance of the play session required.
- Can my 3 year old and 7 year old play together? As part of the family fun they can play together in the play frames, the sports pitch and the amusements. Designated areas such as the toddler zones, and slides, may be restricted by height/age. These restrictions are enforced in key areas to assist in the safety and comfort of our visitors.
- Can I leave my child while I go shopping? We do not offer crèche facilities. Adults must remain at the centre with their child/children for the duration of the visit.
- Can I leave the building and return later? Your entrance ticket is only valid whilst you remain in the building. It does not entitle you to readmission to the building later in the day.
- Can I leave my 15 yr old in charge of my children? No, it is the policy of the company that: 16-18 year olds are allowed to supervise their own children 18+ are allowed to supervise children which are not their own
- Can my children over the age of 12 enter the centre? Teenagers can enter Drake’s Den if they are accompanying a parent and a younger sibling. They will be charged at an adult rate and are asked to use the equipment in a manner supportive to younger children, in the same way that adults act. Failure to do so could result in them being asked to leave.
- Where can I put my shoes and belongings when I go on the soft play areas? There are lockers available for your use for £1.
- Can we bring our own food onto the premises? Drake’s Den has a wonderful cafe restaurant which provides an extensive range of hot and cold food and drinks. We therefore respectfully request that customers do not bring their own food or drink onto the premises. Please note that food and drink is not permitted in the toddler zones or on the equipment.
- Can I take pictures/videos of my family and friends? You are welcome to take pictures of your children, but when doing so we would ask that you make every effort to ensure that you only take images of children that are in your group.
- Why is Drake’s Den taking photos in the centre? Drake’s Den may on occasion take photographs/videos of the activities in the centre for our records. These may be used for future marketing purposes and/or including on social media platforms. If you would prefer to not be included within these practices please make yourself known to a member of the team.
- What do I do if I have a comment or suggestion? Please speak to any member of the team – they will refer your points to the duty manager. Alternatively we provide a comment box in reception and welcome feedback and suggestions.